What is 1st STEP?
What Our Students Are Saying
1st Step gives you the tools to forge a legal path towards becoming a litigator right after your first year. The interconnected classes and mock trial settings allow the student to unlock the strengths and weaknesses in a case and provide opportunities for advocacy development. The skills you acquire will help you in the courtroom and the classroom and will give you a boost when seeking viable internships.
- Learn from a cadre of seasoned trial lawyers
- Receive support from program alum
- On your feet on day one
- Try an entire case after only one week
- Integrate the rules of evidence at trial as you learn them
- Learn how to break down a case file and work up a case theory and succinct theme
- Begin crafting your advocacy personality
- Learn how to construct effective witness examinations
- Develop tools for dealing with difficult witnesses
- Guest lectures from top Bay Area trial lawyers